Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The secret of being productive!

I always wanted to work from home. Isn't it great to stay the whole day in pajamas and be able to have a nap in the middle of the working day or go for a walk and work from the park? It is. But there is a big enemy of productivity - Miss Procrastination! Why not to make a coffee with cinnamon and cream? Oh, look, old photos, let's sort them out. Oh! Somebody liked my post or commented my drawing on facebook! Etc. I guess you know what i mean. Here is my secret weapon against the mighty procrastination! 


It's pretty easy. I've set up the timer for 45 minutes and during this 45 minutes i do only work. I switch off the internet, i don't answer the phone, i just work (even if aliens decide to conquer London, i would not bother, i'm working!). After this 45 minutes i make a break of 15 minutes, i make coffee, i answer emails, i write my blog, or i go to buy some biscuits to stretch my legs. And then again - the same thing: 45 minutes work, 15 minutes break. 

This drawing was a result of one of mine 45 minutes work session

And you can't imagine, how productive you can be in this 45 minutes without internet and real world. So i wish you good luck and i hope my tiny secret will help you! Let me know your secrets, if you have some - jane.golubeva@gmail.com. And i'm back to work! My 15 minutes break is over.

6 comments:

  1. That's a nice system! I might try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, it helps! Let me know how it goes =)

      Delete
  2. hello evgenia: i meant to comment on what you submitted for IF this week ["wool"] but could not do so as i do not have a facebook account ... anyway: it's just a wonderful "woolly" design you did :-) and i can fully understand that you catapult yourself out into the creative world for 45 minutes AND achieve little - if not big! - wonders! this works in any environment and for any job, believe me :-)

    have a wonderful rest of the week
    elli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea "45 minutes without internet". I'll try too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, internet is unfortunately the best friend of procrastination =)

      Delete